Recipe: The Perfect French Style Omelet
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Chives
- Salt to taste
- Crack 3 eggs into a small mixing bowl and using a fork beat eggs until white is fully incorporated into the yolks. Season egg mix with a pinch of salt.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium heat and place butter in pan. Butter should melt gently and begin to foam, but not turn brown.
- Once butter is bubbling add your three eggs to pan. Using the fork or a heat resistant spatula immediately begin stirring and mixing the eggs so they do no set, or stick to the bottom. Season eggs with more salt as needed or to your taste. Keep stirring eggs continuously. You are almost making a soft scramble here. Once eggs begin to cook almost all the way through and there is no more extra runny eggs to be cooked, stop stirring and let the eggs set up in the pan for about 10-20 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and using your fork or spatula gently begin to roll the omelet forward starting at the handle side of the skillet.
- Once it is rolled, turn omelet out onto a plate and glaze with a little more butter and chive.