Recipe: Mushroom Spinach + Goat Cheese Frittata
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Oyster Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 2-3 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crack 3 eggs into a small mixing bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed. While mixing eggs start preheating an oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, place a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and once warm add olive oil.
- Start by sauteing the mushrooms in the oil until you start to see them soften and brown slightly. About 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and saute until it just begins to wilt. Season veggies with salt and pepper.
- Now add the 3 eggs and stir just enough to incorporate spinach and mushrooms evenly throughout the egg mix.
- Cook the eggs on the stove without stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Next sprinkle 1/2 the goat cheese on top of the cooking egg mix and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are set and have fluffed up some. Remove skillet from oven and slide frittata onto a plate or serving platter.
- Add remaining goat cheese, season top with a little more salt and pepper, and any fresh herbs that you enjoy.
- Serve warm.